Ultimate Empire at War

• May 22, 2017, 05:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to increased bot activity, and because the mod is no longer being developed, member registration has been disabled until further notice!

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final News  (Read 14560 times)

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
Final News
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:08 pm »

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

after being in development for 6 years, this is a final status announcement for Ultimate Empire at War. With this post we are releasing our current version of the mod. As mentioned in other topics on our forum, it's not finished, but at least it is playable. More on that later. But first, let me good-bye the mod with a short history flashback of this project.

The history
Started back in 2006 by Augrunt, Ross and Jones, the idea was to create an ultimate mod, which enhances gameplay and gives FoC a more canonic touch. Leaded by Ross in the early days of the current homepage, the small team of these days was working on the well known UEaW V4 and released it in summer 2008. Continuing to improve their release and to start working on a successor the team restructured the command structure (the mod leader changed to doro) as well as the priorities – the eras were introduced. The next few years were an up and down of progress, team members and leaders. After Doro, Protoype took charge and afterwards a duumvirat of Evilbobthebob and LTCC (now known as Dr. von Wer) continued leadership of the mod. Most of the modelling progress was made in those days whilst coding was not at the top priority. Due to Evilbob leaving staff in summer 2010 and LTCC being busy with his education progress slowed down. Solar and myself took charge to start progress again. Unfortunately, solar too had to leave the team and so I was a lonely fighter for the next year. Although LTCC eventually came back after this time period, the mod had been already dead at this point for over a month. Now, another year later, the mod is released and officially declared as dead.

The current state
But we haven't slept in the years before 2012. Much progress has been accomplished – nearly all models and simple coding is finished at this time. Unit coding, mapping, scripting are also finished as included in the version we provide today. So in fact, UEaW is already a full product, but lacking some features – such as balancing, GC AI coding (AI scripting and skirmish AI is finished), bugfixing, VA (voice acting), some texts, death clones, model fixes and minor scripts.
You can find and download the current version at https://ultimate-Empire-at-war.com/svn/

If you want to use any of the files, please pay attention to the LICENSE file in the \trunk folder.
Please do also take care to proper credit files we have got from other modders. You can find them in all details here. If I forgot someone to mention, do not hesitate to contact me, there might be some little mistakes due to the long line of previous and gone team members.

How to download the whole folder
It's actually pretty simple to do that. I will provide an easy 3-step manual.
1. Download a SVN client(for example Turtoise SVN). You might have to reboot your PC afterwards.
2. Create a folder in your Forces of Corruption mod-folder and name it something like UEaW_V1, or whatever you prefer.
3. Right-click the folder, select SVN checkout and enter as “URL of repository“ https://ultimate-Empire-at-war.com/svn/trunk/
Then lean back and wait for the download to finish, which might actually take a while. Have a coffee, play a nice video game, entertain your friends by reciting a poem or maybe even go out and enjoy the nature – do whatever you prefer. Once it is finished, you're done – that's the current version of the mod. If you want to start it, use the Launch.bat located in the top level of your folder. If there are any updates, you can just right-click the folder again and select “SVN Update“.

May I finish UEaW?
Basically yes. You can complete the mod if you like to do so and PM me. I will check what you have done, maybe even declare another beta-test and if everything is alright, we will upload your version to the SVN system. You can get in touch with me using the PM system of ultimate-Empire-at-war.com, moddb.com or send an e-mail to YuuzhanVong@gmx.de.
However, you are NOT allowed to make your own UEaW development group furthermore release what you've made in the name of UEaW without my consent.

At this point and as a last word, the whole team and myself want to say thanks to all our supporters, ex-team members, friends and especially fans. It was, at least for me, truly an honour to work for this mod and it really is a shame that we weren't able to finish UEaW. But who knows? Maybe in the future there eventually will be an excellent modder who finishes this mod.

Until then we hope you enjoy our current version and always remember to have fun.

Yours Sincerely

Shimrra
UEaW Leader
«Long life to Shimrra, beloved of the gods!»
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

«Would you look upon me, Adept? Would you look upon me and die?»

Darthme

• Jedi Grand Master
  • Keeping the SRI Alive since 25/10/10665 A.S.
Re: Final News
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 06:37 pm »

I just wanted to say:  Thanks for everything you've done, Shim. 

While I was never able to help the mod (and I wanted to so badly)  I have been following it for almost 4 years now, and I'm sad to see it go.  I'll definitely download V1 and play it, though. 

And thanks to all team members, past and present, for all the hard work you put in over 6 years! 

Unknown Person

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I must see to see what should be seen.
    • Combat Arms
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 09:30 am »

And so the era ends.
I see things clearly know. Reality is a shadow of life for reality is flat. Reality is created in our mines not in the world. The edge of reality would be something that exists but doesn't exist. Shadow is the end of reality, so what is over the edge of reality. Would it be possible to be a shadow.

Capoeira

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 06:51 pm »

Is there any possible way to get detailed information on the unfinised content?

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 08:27 pm »

Nope, we don't support the released version and it's anyway to much work to provide a list. Apart from that, the last time someone worked at the mod was half a year ago ^^
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

Unknown Person

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I must see to see what should be seen.
    • Combat Arms
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 04:37 am »

:(  long live UEAW and all that knew it
I see things clearly know. Reality is a shadow of life for reality is flat. Reality is created in our mines not in the world. The edge of reality would be something that exists but doesn't exist. Shadow is the end of reality, so what is over the edge of reality. Would it be possible to be a shadow.

Splatterfox

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 08:55 pm »

I wasn't following the project the whole time, but the last ~2 years I knew about it and I must say it is really epic. Sad that now everything ends, but thanks for all your work :)

By the way, is there a readme of the new version?

PS: Hope LucasArts will make a second EaW sometimes :)

Greetings,
Fox

UDP--J.Y.F.Xue

• Development Assistant
  • Jedi Master
  • 2nd Imperial Experimental resurrected air division
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 11:28 am »

whoa, its...really been a while since i last posted
nevertheless i deeply regret that i couldn't fulfill my role as a VA T_T, the whole department seems to have stopped dead in its tracks...

Shim, we all appreciate what you have done for us
you did all you could, and you did extremely well :)
may UEAW have a peaceful slumber inside it's cryo-bay, and maybe one day be re-awakened :D

atlana

• Youngling
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 09:17 pm »

bummer that...been with it since it's inception...so much potential, so much work already invested...

I've one request, though, to Archive the SVN as a regular downloadable package...that way it makes it easier to DL and easier to archive and distribute (i.e. own, local Star Wars LAN parties with my buddies I game Star Wars games since X-Wing vs TIE fighter came out)

I tried to use TELEPORT PRO to leech/clone all the files by themselves in their respective directory stucture.....but......that didnt go over too well ( .XML files were changed to .XML.HTM-files, on which i then had to use BULK UTILITY RENAMER tool - ugh!)

ssooo...pretty pleeeaasssee?? *puppy-eyes*
 :D

cheers
@

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 09:29 pm »

Sorry, but because this version is unfinished, we don't feel there is any necessity to make an "easy" download. I mean, primary this version is meant to be useful for other modders, not at all for customers and if they want to use our stuff, I'm pretty sure SVN is enough ;)
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

LoneStarr

• Youngling
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 10:35 am »

Did the Old Republic high-tier warship that was shown on Moddb not make it into the release?

I've been fixing some of the major bugs and got the 8 factions playable for my own use, but I couldn't find any of the files relating to that ship.

Great mod by the way. It's too bad it was never completed. You guys did some awsome work and I've been waiting for this mod for a long time. All I've every wanted out of this game was to be able to have space skirmish battles with all of the eras.

atlana

• Youngling
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 01:51 am »

there seems to be quite a lot of stuff missing/broken/incomplete. (planets cant produce ground units/buildings, not all planets can build space stations, 200,000 credits for the DS??? ;;) and how-the-heck can you select other factions other than "light side/dark side"?)

Shimrra, can you list what has been done so far, what is missing/broken, and what were the goals ?

some directions/guidelines (how about a design-document? *hint hint* does that exist? :D ) ?
I'm willing so sacrifice a couple of my coding friends, as it seems you guys had some bold ideas with the additional/different orbital structures in mind (seems to conflict though), since you cant get rid of them really, even the "deconstruct-orders" stick around in orbit, which can be "moved" with your orbiting fleet - HUH?!? - or "sold" again (HUH?!?) does the game engine actually support such radical changes? What about the "planetary lacking surfaces/features/buildings/troops"? Intended or just unfinnished? :D Oh, In skirmish (always) as in GC (a lot) there are no starbases.... (?!?)

EDIT: am sure it's more canon with the actual positions of planets/systems on the galactic map....but....the left side of the galaxy looks so damn EMPTY ;)

cheers
@

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 09:03 am »

How about if you would inform yourself about UEaW, just a bit? V1 is SpaceOnly, this was declared like 2-3 years ago and was frequently repeated.
Of course the DS is very expensive, it was also the goal of UEaW to make it more realistic - the DS is the ultimate weapon and not an ordinary ISD.
There are only dark side and light side, because FoC doesn't allow more than 3 main factions. All eras do have their own buildings, with different starting tech per campaign. Try them out, you will see...
The deconstruction buildings should be despawned after building was demolished...this seems to be a bug in the scripts. Try different GCs, it should at least in a few GCs despawn the deconstruct-dummys. And it was working once for every GC, don't know what has broken it.
Make sure you really have launched the game with the launch.bat and have the latest FoC 1.1 patch installed, since the starbase bug shouldn't be there and at least for me all star bases are spawning.
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

atlana

• Youngling
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 09:21 am »

Ok, makes more sense now (see, just needed to be said - that's all ;-) )
What was the reason, going space-only ?

Yeah I think I've v1.1 - got the "Update1_1.txt" in my FoC main directory and a "Patch.meg" in \DATA\ sub-dir, although the SWFOC.exe reads "1.0.0.0" in Product & File versioning of the file's properties (win7 file-property detail).

Also, is it normal that there's quite some UI-feedback info missing ? (money/day, Planetary Overlays of built starbase levels)

LoneStarr

• Youngling
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 11:46 pm »

I'm having an issue with the CIS and Sith AI in Skirmish. For some reason they won't trigger the first starbase upgrade. If I play on the same team as one and initiate the first upgrade then they'll do all of the following ones just fine.

As far as I can tell, all of the AI scripts look right and appear to be the same as the other factions that work fine. Maybe I'm overlooking something.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing that?

FullMonty

• Jedi Apprentice
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 03:10 pm »

I'm just as disappointed as everyone else is. But stop coming in here and complaining. Jesus, it's no wonder no one has any motivation to finish with you people complaining about everything. I will download this tonight. And i will play it. If i find something broken i will avoid that specific thing. Get over it people.

Shim- Thank you. Thank you to all. While i wish it had ended differently, I'll take what i can get. Enjoy life a bit since you don't have this to worry about so much.

--Bardika(AKA Monty)

Random_Jedi2476

• Youngling
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2012, 04:57 am »

Hey I really appreciate everything you guys have done, and happy that you released what has been finished, but I  honestly can't figure out this program. I downloaded the svn program but I have never used one before. I created a folder for it in the FOCmods folder but I don't understand how to download the folder. I don't know what is meant by select SVN checkout I don't see that option anywhere. Also I dont understand  "“URL of repository“" maybe its just my computer but I don't understand those characters or how to make them. Can someone please explain to me how to start the download? I loved UEAWV4 and can't wait to play this.

Zeta1127

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Ancient Order of the Whills
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 08:08 am »

Hey I really appreciate everything you guys have done, and happy that you released what has been finished, but I  honestly can't figure out this program. I downloaded the svn program but I have never used one before. I created a folder for it in the FOCmods folder but I don't understand how to download the folder. I don't know what is meant by select SVN checkout I don't see that option anywhere. Also I dont understand  "“URL of repository“" maybe its just my computer but I don't understand those characters or how to make them. Can someone please explain to me how to start the download? I loved UEAWV4 and can't wait to play this.
https://ultimate-Empire-at-war.com/svn/trunk/ is the "URL of repository".
Just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. - Jango Fett
What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, things that are, and things that yet maybe. - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127, 89th Legion

CodeX

• Youngling
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 01:18 am »

I realize this may never be answered (Lol) but everytime I set the SVN checkout and in turn the URL repository, I get an error message saying "access denied". AM I the only one getting this or is there a way to fix it?

Capoeira

• Youngling
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 05:04 pm »

I followed all the past posts on how to fix the exception error, but I still get it...

ajoletsgo

• Youngling
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 06:22 am »

No man I get the "access Denied" also.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

To all of the Modders involved with UEAW over the years thanks!  Your har work has been keeping me entertained for a long time!  Cheers and good luck with all of your future endevours!

Roguebantha

• Developer
  • Jedi Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 10:46 pm »

Hanging out with you guys has been a great experience and I plan to stick around.

Capoeira

• Youngling
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 08:38 pm »

I can't play the mod, it crashes after like 5 minutes every time.

Randy19

• Youngling
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 10:08 pm »

I have a different problem. I can download the mod and i can go to the launcher.bat, start it, it complies a mastertextfile, then it starts FOC. BUt ususal Foc. No modded stuff at all. No GC's, no skmish, everything the same old, even if i do one of the already given GC's i start with Mon Mthma on Hoth with the usual stuff.

Nothing modded or changed at all, even if i rename my mastertextfile_English into mastertextfile_German (which is my standard language since i'm german) the game stays german(Although renaming english to german usually causes it to turn english, but solve missing errors). It stays german and there is nothing modded AT ALL.

I did exactely what you told me to, i even used exactely that tortoise thingy you said.

Richardc269

• Padawan
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014, 09:00 pm »

I just wanted to say:  Thanks for everything you've done, Shim. 

While I was never able to help the mod (and I wanted to so badly)  I have been following it for almost 4 years now, and I'm sad to see it go.  I'll definitely download V1 and play it, though. 

And thanks to all team members, past and present, for all the hard work you put in over 6 years!

HEAR HEAR! I was also following the mod for a long time. I too, am sorry to see it stopped. I will download it and check it out! I sincerely wish this team the best! Thank you for making this mod!

Btw, sorry for necroposting, but I just had to say something positive.

Edit: I haven't played EAW or FOC in a couple years now, I'm just getting back into it, and didn't really know I could download it. But thank you!

Edit2: I was hoping to be able to play this in skirmish mode, but I guess it wasn't made for that? I try to play it in Skirmish with Dark Side and there's no base to click on...

Is this mod only for GC mode?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:23 pm by Richardc269 »

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 04:20 am »

No, skirmish should work as well...Try other factions. It's been a long time since I last tested it ;)
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

Richardc269

• Padawan
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 06:50 pm »

No, skirmish should work as well...Try other factions. It's been a long time since I last tested it ;)

Both dark side and galactic Empire have no bases. Which factions have bases?

Dunestyler

• Youngling
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2015, 07:39 pm »

can someone tell me, how to select the Imperial Remnants and how to get the Galactic Empire to spawn their Starbase in scirmish?
does anyone have a solution to it?
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.352 seconds with 15 queries.