Ultimate Empire at War

• April 28, 2017, 04:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to increased bot activity, and because the mod is no longer being developed, member registration has been disabled until further notice!

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update!  (Read 18418 times)

s-t-n

• Public Relations
  • Legendary Jedi Master
  • I have an Avatar...but its just of the Silence
Update!
« on: March 07, 2011, 12:27 pm »

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first news post for UEAW!

Well, firstly, let me say that no...Shim hasn't died and gone to coder heaven. He is just very busy coding and we felt that it would be a much better use of time for me to write the post, not him...but more on that later. I am also happy to announce the return of Fynbos to the team, who was summoned by dark magic from the great beyond. Welcome back to the team! Okay, now all that is out of the way....Progress!

As of me writing this post, there are just 23 tasks left until UEAW is complete. Some of these are just simple tasks (like deleting certain text) while some are more complicated (such as coding the orbital structures). For a mod this large, that number is TINY. I have played the mod myself and, while it is most definitely playable, we don't want to cut the remaining features out just to release a sub-standard product a bit earlier...and I am sure you don't want that either!

Currently, Shimrra is the only person able to work on the mod [what code remains is very high level] and he is being a trooper. Over the past months he has taken the garbled mess of material that he inherited and created a truly amazing mod. However, this is starting to take its toll on him. Too much LUA can drive a person mad. So I hearby propose a morale boost for Shim. Comment with your supportive messages or just a "Keep it up Shim!" to let him know how many people he has behind him! If we can amass enough messages of support, I'm sure he can use his evil coder powers to drain the goodwill/happiness and forge a few more pages of code to bring us that little bit closer to completion!

I should also point out our site is having a few problems, so we apologise that it is so slow to load. Patience is rewarded, however, as it does still work. We hope to have the problem fixed soon.

So, that is all for now. I bid you all farewell and a safe journey through the inter-tubes! 
s-t-n

Daraius

• Youngling
Re: Update!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 02:45 pm »

hey, shimraa
listen up...
i am a massive star wars fan and one day trawling thru Ign i found your mod... it has consumed my multiplayer life.
unsurprising you might say, one little fish in a big ocean you might say.. but here is the kicker... i am from India where, i think, i am the ONLY star wars fan!
now please do understand that awaiting this mod is like a tiny little light in a dark depressing ocean of solitude... and i have only two last things to say,
1. THANK YOU GUYS SOO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
2. PLEASE KEEP GOING!!!
you guys are true heroes to people like me...
and if grandaddy Lucas is listing in, he should hire you all and give you big fat pay checks for being awesome!!!

Argonnath

• Jedi Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 09:31 pm »

I have been follower to this mod for a long time. This is very good news! Just keep it up. I know you can make it!

"Our forum is not entirely a forum to a game, it's more a game to a forum"  Shimrra

MasterKruz

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 09:42 pm »

I read the update post and had to register to say this: thank you, Shimraa! Keep up the excellent work, I know the mod will be awesome when it's done!

Random_Jedi2476

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 02:58 am »

Soo glad to see a new update! And just posted today too. What are the odds? I'm majorly excited to play the full release.

And to Shim, I just have to say that I know working through tedius code without getting paid can feel degrading. But pleeeeasse, don't think for even ONE measly second that your work isn't being fully appreciated! I love what you guys have done so far and both you and the rest of the team should be extremely proud of what you accomplished over the past years. Don't be modest now!

I would also just like to say that watching this mod from start to present not only inspired me to begin working on mods for another favorite game of mine (Star Trek Armada 2) but also to pursue an education in software and game development and hopefully a career. Keep up the good work and thank you, thank you a million times over.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:04 am by Random_Jedi2476 »

Unknown Person

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I must see to see what should be seen.
    • Combat Arms
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 03:30 am »

:ultimate-eaw was born from a  little and somewhat repetitive game, over the time I became a member, which was about 2 years ago, I saw a dying breed, I watched helplessly as Chris made his last cookie, I think you are most important mod leader, Shim, for you, even before coming leader, always chatted with us watchers and waiters. You were there at the times UEAW needed you most. therefore, I think you deserve your current role in the mod, but I still wish you had a backup helper or so to lift away some of your load. I am thoroughly pleased with the work you've shown us. Furthermore,I say that you do great at what you do so keep going. When v1 is done you take as long a brake you want, for though I'm an insignificant watcher and not someone with complete control over the mod,I see you earned a good rest. I think i speak for all the watchers and waiters in saying were with you Shim to the end. P.S. I've stared-at code before, it messes up your sight and makes your brain funny. Out of every 30 minutes you code, take a fiver min rest. It helped me
I see things clearly know. Reality is a shadow of life for reality is flat. Reality is created in our mines not in the world. The edge of reality would be something that exists but doesn't exist. Shadow is the end of reality, so what is over the edge of reality. Would it be possible to be a shadow.

Ceteral

• Jedi Knight
  • The River Snake. Ambush is my middle name.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 07:09 am »

So close Shimm. Make me a happy happy man, will you? I know it doesn't mean much, but... You're an inspiration. :sniffle:

Hi Fyn, nice to see you back! :) Long time no chatbox.
I must not fear.Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me.And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.Only I will remain.

Kels55

• Youngling
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 11:05 am »

I've been a fan and user of UEAW for years but only just joined the forum to say, "I never been more excited about a Star Wars game than now." When EAW came out I thought I was in Heaven. When FOC was released, I thought it couldn't get any better. Then I found UEAW and knew that my life was complete. Years went by with no great Star Wars game, especially strategy, so I played other space strategy games but just wasn't fulfilled. So I kept going back to UEAW. Then just the other day when I was saying to myself "why hasn't there been another Star Wars game similar to EAW released?" So, I clicked the link to the website which is something I never do (I usually more interested in getting in the game), and I discovered something wonderful. Not only am I not the only person begging for more UEAW, but you guys are actually making it, and on a far grander scale then ever before. The upcoming release of UEAW v1 is, for me, on the same level as the excitement of waiting for all of the Star Wars big events, whether it was the release of the Special Editions at the movies, or the release of the prequel movies, even the Clone Wars series or the upcoming release of the Blu-Rays. The only thing that would be more exciting would be the release of UEAW v2 with the Yuuzhan Vong, Stealth X-wings, and Centerpoint Station (hint hint).

So THANK YOU!!! Thank you with all of my Star Wars loving heart for manning up and creating the best game (soon to be) available! (duel) :ueaw :ultimate-eaw

FullMonty

• Jedi Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 02:53 pm »

So many new members right here. That's great. I always love to see new people just starting to get into this game. The mod they made a few years ago, still takes about ALL my PC gaming time. I've never found another game i liked. I don't post much, but i always check in for new updates. Everything sounds great. ONLY 23 things left to do!!! Fantastic. I live in the US, that one guy lives in India. So, you guys have fans WORLDWIDE.

also, Shim, i will gladly donate some money to send you to a "Gentleman's Club" for a night of relaxation. So you don't burn out on us. :D

Eclipse_rulz

• Youngling
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 04:51 pm »

I'm so excited for this mod! You can do it Shim! Keep up that trooper work! (trooper)

Use the coder Force Shim...

blane1024

• Youngling
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 07:23 pm »

Thanks to ALL you guys who are working on this incredible endeavor! I'm sure when complete, It'll bow the entire community away, Keep up the good work!

ITTOA666

• Youngling
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 05:41 am »

Keep up the good work Shim! I am beyond excited for this mod.

:ueaw

UDP--J.Y.F.Xue

• Development Assistant
  • Jedi Master
  • 2nd Imperial Experimental resurrected air division
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 06:35 am »

Shim, you know me... if i had the money I'd so hire a cheerleading squad composed of the most gorgeous looking girls of our country and send them over to you XD

i feel a bit bad about myself cos VA stuff and very basic icon editing are the limits of my skills. god i wish i could help with coding... sigh

oh, and welcome back, comrade Fynbos!! XD

Darthme

• Jedi Grand Master
  • Keeping the SRI Alive since 25/10/10665 A.S.
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 11:56 pm »

Shim!  Thanks for being a mod leader willing to talk with the community members at anytime!  You can get through the codes: Just look at lolcats at intervals so you can haz +1 cuteness points when staring at this:

<htharasD?=afdsd> - asdadhasdf<asdfsdf> FHJGHFJDJ=?! ol- </yehrha> dashd_aa_ <adasdasfd>
<htharasD?=afdsd> - asdadhasdf<asdfsdf> FHJGHFJDJ=?! ol- </yehrha> dashd_aa_ <adasdasfd>

Unknown Person

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I must see to see what should be seen.
    • Combat Arms
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 02:58 am »

i've said one thing and i'll say another, Shim, even if you never read this topic, you are the best coder i think thatr has participated in this mod for you actually stay when others leave, TY . P.S. Dno't stare at code to much, it'll make your brain  (explode)
I see things clearly know. Reality is a shadow of life for reality is flat. Reality is created in our mines not in the world. The edge of reality would be something that exists but doesn't exist. Shadow is the end of reality, so what is over the edge of reality. Would it be possible to be a shadow.

Eclipse_rulz

• Youngling
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 05:21 pm »

Would it be possible to either post a new update at milestones for projects remaining? Etc. 20, 10 5 and 1? Either here or on the home page? I'm so excited! :great

mikey1871

• Youngling
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 06:30 pm »

Hey Shim.. keep up the awesome work man !!!! thanks very much    :great         (lightsaber)

kotor_expert

• Youngling
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 07:23 pm »

Hey Shimraa, I have been following this this mod's progress for over a year now, and its still my favorite game, hands down.  You all HAVE an active fan base even if we dont speak up all the time, and I would give my left leg and my lightsaber to see this thing come out in all its glory.  Keep it up!  I hope you are as excited about this incredible accomplishment as we are are.

Capoeira

• Youngling
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 12:46 am »

Shim! Think of the children! You can do this!

sexyrhodent88

• Youngling
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 08:02 pm »

I've been following this mod for a very long time, and its the only reason I come back to Empire at War. I always felt like it was an okay game, with lots of unfulfilled potential. But yall have made it so much fun with whats already out, and now the idea of conquering the galaxy as Revan's Sith is just...well its just great. Like a cup of hot chocolate and a few Ewoks roasting on the fire, it just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. please, please, please, keep up the amazing work! I'm sure the final version of the mod is gonna kick [censored] and be well worth any wait!  (duel)

Dunestyler

• Youngling
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 02:34 pm »

gogogo Shim
u can make it...
and i think im gonna make a german Let's Play of this when its out (and running on my computer - got some probs with it atm)

GeneralOnasi

• Youngling
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2011, 03:33 am »

I've been following this mod for a very long time, you guys are amazing and I hope you guys keep it up!

go shim go! :great
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."

Nightops Cpl

• Youngling
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 08:45 am »

You can do it Shim!

fox171171

• Youngling
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 04:02 pm »

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to this!!

Jedi Luigi

• Jedi Knight
  • Lord of Pain
    • Yeah, I did it.
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 09:02 pm »

23 Huh? Good job.

Darth Plagueis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Change to the dark site
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2011, 02:57 pm »

Very good work Shimm!!  :ultimate-eaw
Gewinne die Kontrolle über eine Gruppe, eine Spezies, ein System und schließlich über die Galaxis selbst - Darth Plagueis

Spaarti

• Youngling
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2011, 04:50 pm »

I've been following this mod for a long time, and I don't post very much. But I know when it's done it'll be the best mod for FoC there is. Keep up the great work!!! :ultimate-eaw

Daohor

• Youngling
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 03:19 pm »

Woop thats great news man. Have a drink on me in the Cantina next time you pass by in Mos Eisly.

Random_Jedi2476

• Youngling
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 12:22 am »

Random_jedi's brain:  (explode) due to over excitment

kandosii95

• Jedi Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 11:51 pm »

Keep it up Shim!

the next sentence is false.
the previous sentence is true.

The Nameless Sith Lord

• Jedi Council Member
  • Forum Wars? What's that? I can't seem to remember.
    • The Final Forum
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 03:12 am »

Glad to see the mod's still coming along....
-???-

Stockholm Syndrome (pORG13i)

• Development Assistant
  • Legendary Jedi Master
  • verus amicus est tamquam alter idem
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 04:40 pm »

1. thank you shimrra for continuing the good work and for not letting this mod die due to the loss of LTCC.
2. thank you Fynbos and s-t-n for your return. I got the feeling you guys are the right ones to finish the mod due to the time you were following the developement.
3. thank you s-t-n for your very gentle and nice update
all the neighbours get pissed when I come home. I make them nervous, yeah I make them nervous... (J. White)

mikeawbd

• Youngling
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2011, 05:06 am »

Keep up the good work shim.  This mod looks bigger than the original eaw, foc, and the original ueaw mod combined.  I can't imagine how much work and time has been put into this project. I've been waiting for this mod since I stumbled on almost a year ago.  The original ueaw mod made the game 10 times more fun.  Thanks, and I would gladly donate when the mod becomes available. May the force be with you!

ferris209

• Youngling
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 06:05 pm »

Count me in as well for a donation when UEAW Full is released! I too have been tracking this wonderful project for a over a year and absolutely cannot wait. Thanks Shim for all you do! Many our already grateful!
 :ultimate-eaw

DarthCaedus (The Polish Wonder)

• Jedi Knight
  • Fear the List
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 02:56 am »

hey guys its been awhile but good job shim and im happy to see the mds coming along nicely :P
I LOVE THE VONG Prius=lunch-box

augrunt

• Jedi Apprentice
    • Ultimate EAW
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 04:19 pm »

My friends... I have returned to see my legacy... and I am impressed. I have tears in my eyes to have seen the news. That UEAW is almost complete. I remember when it started off as 'Steve's Mod' (my name) in the EaW Demo release...

Seriously don't know what I am feeling right now... nothing but pride and joy.

Sapare

• Jedi
  • Me = A loser(Quite a pessimist, was I not?. or am)
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 06:50 am »

Come on, keep the work up and prove me wrong.. already two years ago I gave up on the hope that this mod will ever release.. if you guys still manage to release this you can credit yourself with having worked on a mod for a really long time.. (what has it been now, 4 or 5 years? I know that the people working on it have changed a lot, but the legacy of the mod is really old by now)
So I guess.. bests of luck and be proud for still working on it.

I'm not a forum member any more, but I still keep this signature on my account for UEAW, I like the pic. And want others to see it as well

CloneBlitz

• Youngling
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 01:23 am »

Beastly mod keep up the amazing work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got into programming myself :D

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 07:10 am »

Sorry to say, but modding is not the same than programming ;)
«Long life to Shimrra, beloved of the gods!»
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

«Would you look upon me, Adept? Would you look upon me and die?»

CloneBlitz

• Youngling
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 12:40 am »

Shim!!! lol, I do know the difference, but do u guys  have an approx. date for when the full mod will come out?

Republic at War

• Padawan
  • Atheism is a non-prophet organisation
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 01:13 am »

First rule about mods, DONT TALK ABOUT MODS!

:p ok no you can talk about it, but it is generally frowned upon to ask for a release date, lol, it bugs them a lot.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me; Shall be my brother.

Zeta1127

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Ancient Order of the Whills
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 04:21 am »

Shim!!! lol, I do know the difference, but do u guys  have an approx. date for when the full mod will come out?
:wid
Just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. - Jango Fett
What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, things that are, and things that yet maybe. - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127, 89th Legion

CloneBlitz

• Youngling
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 02:02 am »

kk sry if I was being annoying :D

Darthme

• Jedi Grand Master
  • Keeping the SRI Alive since 25/10/10665 A.S.
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 03:57 am »

kk sry if I was being annoying :D

It's not so annoying when it's one person, but they get asked it a lot and by many people. Personally I'd say that the mod might be out somewhere in mid-Spring.

Zeta1127

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Ancient Order of the Whills
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 10:48 am »

CloneBlitz, as Kassius said, it's not so annoying when it's just one person, it's just that so many people have asked that question, and I believe in the :wid approach to creative development, whether it be a novel, a film, a video game, or a mod, because too many big budget studios and overly enthusiastic mod teams tend to create inferior products when they give themselves unreachable deadlines.
Just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe. - Jango Fett
What you will see, if you leave the Mirror free to work, I cannot tell. For it shows things that were, things that are, and things that yet maybe. - Galadriel
Clone Marshal Commander Zeta 1127, 89th Legion

Republic at War

• Padawan
  • Atheism is a non-prophet organisation
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2011, 04:33 am »

*cough* KOTOR 2 *cough*
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me; Shall be my brother.

dupersudi

• Youngling
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 05:13 pm »

Or pretty much whatever Obsidian entertainment does. Good games but could be exponentially better if they took their time and resolved all the bugs and glitches.
3 Best ancient sith.
1. Revan
2. Sion
3. Bane

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 06:26 pm »

Be aware, these posts are off-topic!
Thanks.
«Long life to Shimrra, beloved of the gods!»
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

«Would you look upon me, Adept? Would you look upon me and die?»
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 15 queries.