Ultimate Empire at War

• May 24, 2017, 11:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Due to increased bot activity, and because the mod is no longer being developed, member registration has been disabled until further notice!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: December News  (Read 18226 times)

Lord Zack

• Padawan
Re: December News
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2010, 12:34 am »

So, if you don't have to research ship classes in later eras, does that mean you'll have battlecruisers and such at the start of the tech trees for those eras? It kind of annoyed me that you wouldn't start with at least some kind of crusier, and battlecruiser since they've had the technology for millenia.

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 09:30 am »

I have said, that you don't have to research the CLASSES. You have to research there advanced designs and redevelopment of old ships and so on. But the ship classes theirselfs are already researched.
«Long life to Shimrra, beloved of the gods!»
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

«Would you look upon me, Adept? Would you look upon me and die?»

Capoeira

• Youngling
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2010, 08:51 pm »

Have you considered releasing parts of the mod? And will the auto updater automatically update the mod when it's finished?

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 08:53 pm »

Both no.
Releasing parts of the mods: Senseless, because it wouldn't be V1 then, it would be V0.95, V0.96 and so on.
Automatically update: Try to update with this updater 1GB...want to see this...really...
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

Argonnath

• Jedi Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 09:01 pm »

I guess that v1 has installer like v4, right?

"Our forum is not entirely a forum to a game, it's more a game to a forum"  Shimrra

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 09:08 pm »

Yup it will. It's really easy to distribute patches with this system.
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

Lord Zack

• Padawan
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 03:29 am »

I have said, that you don't have to research the CLASSES. You have to research there advanced designs and redevelopment of old ships and so on. But the ship classes theirselfs are already researched.

Why do you have to redevelop old ships? I could see it for the Rebel Alliance, they have to build up they're space fleet practically from nothing. "Research" could consist of developing sources to obtain ships, etc. However the Empire ought to start with an established fleet (not necessarily meaning that they'd have them built). since they previously fought the Clone Wars. They should at least have Venator and Victory Star Destroyers, among other things.

Not a big deal, it's a pretty established RTS trope, even though I personally don't like it. I'm eagerly awaiting v1.

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 06:58 am »

Uhm, their not reinventing the reel. The Clone Wars Designs were really old, so they had to rework them, to fit the newer techniques.
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

master_betulia1

• Youngling
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 11:44 pm »

When you release V1, will you make a back up file so that if the primary download is "corrupt" by the way of extracting, such as my recent issues in the troubleshooting board that were fixed with a different file.

Capoeira

• Youngling
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 12:00 am »

A big file huh... So will this mod be playable online and do you think people will play online?

UDP--J.Y.F.Xue

• Development Assistant
  • Jedi Master
  • 2nd Imperial Experimental resurrected air division
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 04:46 am »

^yes, online is still supported. I'm sure there will be people wanting to do a few online matches. you would, right?

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 06:51 am »

The primary download isn't corrupted. I tried to download/unzip/install it several times and everything was fine...
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

master_betulia1

• Youngling
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 07:57 am »

I'm not saying that it is or is not, just that my computer was reading it as such until you helped me with the issue.

Lord Zack

• Padawan
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 10:18 pm »

Uhm, their not reinventing the reel. The Clone Wars Designs were really old, so they had to rework them, to fit the newer techniques.

For the beginning of the Clone Wars, I can get behind that. They hadn't fought a war for a thousand years. The heaviest ship they'd have would be the Dreadnaughts, eighty years old at that time. They'd have to research more modern warships to compete with the Separatists. However, at the time of the Galactic Civil War, the Empire had not ceased military research and development since the Clone Wars. They already had Imperial I-class Star Destroyers, and according to some sources, had had them since the ending months of the Clone Wars. The Empire should, theoretically, have a full complement of classes from corvettes up to battleships.

Now I'm not trying to be confrontational. As I said before, this kind of thing is a long established trope. Also, it's not so much that they literally "reinvent the wheel", but more that they have to research things that they should already have.

Darthme

• Jedi Grand Master
  • Keeping the SRI Alive since 25/10/10665 A.S.
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2010, 11:19 pm »

I'm assuming that you're talking about Galactic Conquest.  If v1 has a campaign, then that should be afactor, but for GC, it needs to be balanced as to be fair online and for single player.  It would be annoying to play as Rebels and have basically Cervettes and fighters to defend your planets when the Empire can attack you at any time with a massive fleet of SDs.

master_betulia1

• Youngling
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2010, 03:59 am »

I've managed to defend myself with only a level two or three space station and what it could garrison, against SDs

Shimrra

• UEaW Leader/Coder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Grand Master
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2010, 09:37 am »

Sure, but bombers aren't anymore able to hit through shields. But a station should be able, to take out one ISD II (without garnision of ISD) per station level. Means, lvl 5 starbase should be able to take out 5 ISD II's.
    ―Yuuzhan Vong chant

UDP--J.Y.F.Xue

• Development Assistant
  • Jedi Master
  • 2nd Imperial Experimental resurrected air division
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2010, 12:59 pm »

damn, its really not called a "Space fortress" for nothing :P

Richardc269

• Padawan
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2010, 08:05 pm »

I myself can't wait for this to come out. Right now, UEAW and Zerox's mods are my favorites. I still play FoC at least once a day on average for a few hours (skirmish games), because the game's so fun to play, even though it's 4 years old. It's too bad that the company hasn't made anymore versions of it.

I'm probably assuming right that it'll be released next year instead of this December. I hope it's finished soon, I can't wait! :great

Capoeira

• Youngling
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 04:42 pm »

Have the developers been playing against each other and testing out the pvp features?

Around what time is the projected completion date for this mod? I won't be upset if you're a little off, but I would like to know if it's soon as in this month or later in February/March.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 17 queries.